Alms House Cemetery
This is a town-owned cemetery on the east side of the railroad tracks. There is a gate that crosses the road that accesses this cemetery. Across the tracks is the Infirmary Cemetery.
This cemetery was first used about 1831. There are rough stones here. The site is overgrown.
This cemetery is referred to in the book "History of the town of Middleboro, MA" by Thomas Weston, as the "Poorhouse Cemetery". He describes this cemetery as "Poorhouse Cemetery is a small lot on the east side of the railroad track near Wood Street bridge and the town farm, used only as a pauper burying-ground, and contains about 30 graves with rough stones but no inscriptions. It was first used in 1831."
This cemetery site is referred to in the book "Old Cemeteries of Southeastern Massachusetts" by Charles M Thatcher as "Poor House Cemetery". He describes this cemetery as "First used about 1831. A number of graves with rough stones with no inscriptions, about 70". Following that description, there is a 4 page list, entitled "Middleborough Alms House Records", of people who died between 1829 and 1853.
FindaGrave.com - this cemetery is complete on this website.
Click this link for Google directions to this cemetery GPS = 41.87462, -70.90822